Fire Crews wanted for seasonal Northern Savannah work
Closing Date 05/04/17
We require competent fire managers proficient in reading country and who share our environmental ethos to join our team for the 2017 Northern Australia fire season (April-August).
Expressions of interest (EOI) are invited from experienced and practical fire practitioners only.
All travel to project locations from home base, PPE, food and accommodation will be provided. Employees will be expected to travel to remote locations, work a 12 day shift and work away from home for up to 6 weeks in shared accommodation. Work will involve late afternoon and evening patrol work.
Work will occur on Australian Defence estates. A police check and security card will be required to be obtained before commencing work.
Contracts for casual work will be offered to the right persons who satisfy the below:
The following qualifications are required
- Current manual C class drivers licence
- Current first aid
- Firefighting Level 1 / crew member (minimum)
- GPS proficiency, basic map reading skills
- Demonstrated safety consciousness and ability to follow safety policy and procedure
- Willingness to travel to remote locations/experience in working in remote locations
- Experience in using good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and with minimal supervision
- Relevant fire management experience
- Willing to carry out basic vehicle and equipment cleaning and maintenance
Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing, and medicals
Please forward your resume and copies of qualifications listed (driver’s licence, first aid and Level 1/Crew member certificate) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further enquires please contact Jackie McLeod on: 0400 949 936.